Saturday 30 June 2012

crafty day

I got my own sewing machine at the beggining of the month. I havent had the time or the space to be able to get it set up and actually do somthig with it. I finally found some time today and I've been sewing and crafting since midday.

I started with trying to fix a little bag I had bought at D-con 2011 that was put together very strangly...
It's lined but the seams are not inbetween the layers
I unpicked all the stitching and then pinned it all together ready to sew then promptly got confused and forgot what I was supposed to do to sew it up without sewing the top up.

While waiting for that knowlage to return I did some work on a skirt I have been wanting to make for a while but haven't had either the time or access to a sewing machine. The only thing I don't like about doing these is he level of gathering that needs to be done. I also find the hems on thse skirts to be a bit dunting as they just go on and on for several meters all of which needs to be pinned and pressed to make sure it is all straight and it doesnt come apart when under the sewing machine.

after puttting in the stitches for the gathrs I had a look at the bag again and had another go at it. three hours and numerous mistakes later I decided that it should be left until tomorrow (it is currently inside out and sewn up in such a way as it is impossible to turn it out).

I'm probably just going to knit for the rest of today (and watch The Hollow Crown). Currently I'm working on a light but really warm scarf.
The yarn is Wendy Wisp in Cinder and Carbon
  It knits up so quickly but it is very easy to drop stitches when using a very loose tension (I somehow managed to go from the twenty stitches I cast on to sixteen stitches less than half a meter into a project with a single ball of this).


No comments:

Post a Comment