Saturday 18 August 2012

Postcards

I really enjoy collecting postcards from all over the place and adding them to the collage on my wall

Like this!


The collage is a mix of photographs, postcards, card fronts and small art prints. I keep getting told that I should take them down and arrange them in a frame but I don't want to. Isn't it infinately more fun to arrange them on the wall and test yourself to get as few spaces and overlaps as possible?

I often feel guilty buying postcards now as I'm running out of room the I can reach on the wall to put them up but because I'm home for the summer I have access to postcards other than veiws of the scottish higlands I feel I have to buy a lot while I can.

I get my postcards from all over the place. Most commonly they come from gift shops in museums or other visitor attractions and prints I buy when I'm at conventions. I'm always on the look out for more from different palces, especially from outwith the UK (if you feel like sending me any you're completly welcome to).

No comments:

Post a Comment