Tuesday 12 July 2011

Products of a productive week

I made the skirt and mini cape that I was talking about in the last post.
I love it bits I'm not entirely sure that the pattern in G&LB is correct. The only usable clear picture they have with a model wearing it is useless as she is sitting down! grrrr.

 Here's a quick reminder of the fabric used (just in case you missed its cupcakey awesomeness).

And here's the finished skirt

It's also fully lined. This adds to the volume and protects the seams from fraying.

The minicape
Front
 Back
 Inside
It is finished enough to wear but still needs to be given a going over with an iron to set the shape and the small gap at the back of the neck stitched up.
Can you tell I had fun arranging the ribbons for the pictures?

I'm now on the hunt for translations for the patterns in the Japanese G&LB vol 37 (autumn 2010) specifically the BABY, Angelic Pretty and Peace Now patterns if anybody knows of a website or even has translated them I would be very grateful for a link or message.

Knives Chau scarf update: 1.39m so far (that's about a yard and a half for the people who don't use metric)

No comments:

Post a Comment