Friday 4 November 2011

tube scarf

I was asked by a freind recently if I could knit her a scarf if she gave me the wool. She gave me eyelash yarn (see examples here) in three colours a dark to light blue sparkly varigated yarn another verigated yarn in brown and rose with a second strand of really soft stuff and a sparkly candy pink yarn.

Here's a WIP photo as I forgot to take a picture of the yarn before I started knitting


It's knitted on a 10mm circular needle that was 80cm long and I keep meaning to count the number of stitches in each round. Waht really surprised me was how fast this knitted up (but then again I would just keep knitting with the thaught 'I'll just finish the row' when knitting in a circle this is not the best idea).

The scarf is finished and I handed it over today I had a little leftover from my really bad guess work with how moch yarn is needed with casting on and off so I had a little fun with crocheting a loop flower brooch to match the scarf.

if you look really closely then you can see it is a flower not just a big hairy lump


 Knives Chau scarf update-  approx 2.6m

For Imperial mesurments and US or old UK needle and yarn sizing leave a comment and I'll get back to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment