Saturday 26 July 2014

I'm about to spoil you lot rotten with posts

An amazing thing happened today!

The Lego set that I wasn't expecting until Monday arrived!

I mentioned in my last post about how I was still considering which set from the Hobbit Lego I wanted to buy. I finally decided on The Unexpected Gathering (aka Bag End) as it's a fairly large set that get's me started off with six members of the company (or five plus Gandalf if you prefer to think of it that way) 

As soon as I got the box and heard the rattle of the pieces I knew exactly what it was. I did however manage to contain my excitement for long enough to take pictures and clear a space big enough to be able to store it safely during the build and display it when it's done. (I also ate breakfast and got dressed but that's beside the point)

There was surprisingly little packaging considering amazon's track record


As it's a big set it's been pre-split into four stages with two instruction books making it super easy to ration the build.

Unboxed it contains: four brick bags, three large flat panels, a sticker sheet and two instruction booklets

Over the next couple of days or so I'll be writing and publishing one post for each of the stages and maybe a final post with my favourite features of the build.

Onward, to Stage 1!
(These will be updated as I go with links to each post as they're published)
Stage 1, Stage 2, Stage 3, Stage 4, Special Features

No comments:

Post a Comment